Town hall reconstruction of Pajay
Region: Rhone-Alpes, France
Implemented on: Local level
Target group: Building stakeholders
Politicians in Pajay wanted to make the renovation and reconstruction of the city hall to an exemplary project and in collaboration with the architecture, town planning advice centre CAUE ambitious energy saving targets were defined, incl. insulation, air tightness and humidity sensitive ventilation, while keeping the historic facade. A thermal solar plant is part of the concept. The project was finalised in February 2012. Thermal calculation shows that the building performance approaches BBC standard (Low consumption building) with a consumption of primary energy of – 45% of the conventional reference.
Prove commitment to environmental protection.
Investment: 893 000€ all taxes included
- Improving energy performance from 149,60 kWhep/m² /year to 81,72 kWhep/m² /year.
- The objective BBC renovation is not reached.
- The objective BBC renovation is not reached due to the characteristics of this type of historic building;
- The thermal insulation is not sufficient for the BBC renovation performance level;
- An airtightness test has been carried out after the placing of the film and some airtightness defaults have been corrected. A second test was performed at the end of construction to ensure that the value of air permeability was consistent with the regulatory calculation.