Green Galären: Renovation office building Luleå
Region: City of Luleå
Implemented on: Local level
Target group: Building stakeholders
Galären is a group of companies in the property sector and the only property company in Norrbotten that received the European Commission’s Green Building certification. Galären is also a member of the Sweden Green Building Council. In a comprehensive renovation project of an office building built 1968 the house owner Galären aims at getting certification according to EU standard Green Building and a reduction of energy demand of 30% compared to legal standard. The project also includes removal of PCB materials and replacement with environmentally friendly and healthy materials.
- Creating an environmentally friendly, healthy and energy efficient renovation project, certified according to EU standard Green Building;
- Reducing energy demand by at least 30%, thereby also reducing operating costs;
- Strengthening Galären’s position as a leading property company in a high-quality sector of buildings;
- Increasing profitability through reduced operating costs and through offering attractive objects to possible tenants;
No information available.
- A GreenBuilding certified high quality office building with focus on a comprehensive solution for health and environment.
- An important driver was Galären environmental policy documents combined with the demand for high-quality office buildings and the need to reduce energy costs;
- The GreenBuilding certification system is an important incentive for house owners.