LÅGAN – a funding programme for building having very low energy use
Implemented on: National level
Target group: Building stakeholders
The 5-year-programme provides financial support for demonstration projects and local/regional collaboration initiatives. It also encourages new thinking by evaluating and disseminating information from demonstration projects, and by supporting development projects. LÅGAN is a collaborative project between the Swedish Construction Federation, the Swedish Energy Agency, Region Västra Götaland, Formas and others.
- Implementation of 8 demonstration projects (new buildings and renovation);
- Follow up for at least 4 buildings that have been in use for at least 4 years;
- 5 regional collaboration projects with at least 8 collaboration activities;
- At least 12 projects in which new tools for implementation of highly energy efficient building projects are developed.
- Total budget: 54 mill. SEK (about 6 million €).
- Funders: Swedish Energy Agency (40%), Region Västra Götaland, Formas Scientific Council and others.
No final evaluation is done yet, intermediate results: 3 publications on low-energy house technology; 9 demonstration projects; 6 collaboration projects; 10 new tools for implementation; Awareness raising.
- It was difficult to encourage actors to ask for funding;
- Main strengths: Collaboration of building industry and public sector in a funding programme in a growing market;
- Success factor: Certification system Green Building and for Passive Houses.