Regional Public Third Party Financing Society for Energy Efficiency Projects in the Building Sector
Region: Rhône-Alpes Region
Implemented on: Regional level
Target group: Municipalities
The Local State-owned Company (SPL) responsible for energy efficiency, OSER (Regional Energy Services Operator) created on December 6, 2012, is a company dedicated to carrying out high-performing energy renovation projects. It will enable communities to conduct bold energy renovation programmes and show exemplary dynamism. The SPL, made available to the Rhône-Alpes communities, is the first tool of this type in France.
- To initiate an strong thermal rehabilitation dynamism for the public heritage with a minimum BBC (low-energy building) renovation level (approximately 80kWh/m2/year).
- To provide a service offer (technical and financial) to local communities expressing a need for support for ambitious projects.
- To mutualise competences and means and capitalise on experiences.
- to complete about fifteen third-party investments per year, comprised between €0.5 Million for a work total of €15 Million
- Capital: €5,297,000 (94.4% by the region; the remaining part by: communities on the basis of €1/inhabitant)
- Any community that wishes to become involved in an energy renovation strategy with the help of the SPL will pay an entry capital (1€/inhabitant) and a project capital (approximately 10% of the estimated cost of the work.
- The SPL intervenes as a third party to finance studies, work and the exploitation of the operation. In return, the community will pay a rental fee to the SPL during the period of exploitation of the renovated structure (between 10 and 20 years).
- None yet, as the has been created first on December 6, 2012.
The third-party investment proposed by the SPL makes it possible:
- to balance and secure community spending over time
- to simplify the tendering procedures
- to transfer the risks from small communities to the expert organisation SPL (deadlines, costs, management)
- to support the employment of SMEs and inject dynamism in the local economic infrastructure