Regional Energy Plan Friuli Venezia Giulia
Region: Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy
Implemented on: Regional level
Target group: Energy stakeholders
The Regional Energy Plan is the primary planning tool to address regional energy policies. It plays a leading role in the socio-economic development of the region, and for this reason it is essential to its junction with the regional economic planning. It identifies the strengths and fixed priority actions in the field of energy that provide valuable guidance for an integrated resource planning in a vision of intersectoral action: energy is an opportunity to take ad-vantage of the growth opportunities of the territory.
- Contribute to a safe, environmental energy supply, regional economic growths and energy and climate targets;
- Increase energy efficiency and reduce energy costs for consumer;
- Minimize the environmental impact of consumption of energy;
- Promote innovation and Green Technology deployment
- Promote renewable energies.
- To achieve the desired scenario, investments of about € 856 million necessary;
- It is assumed that private investment of about 50% of this total are necessary in a first phase, and that these will be stimulated by public investment incentive of about € 128 million on renewables and energy efficiency.
An assessment of the impact of this Energy Plan has not been done yet and this is one of the weak points of the strategy.
- The weak point of this energy plan is that its duration was fixed until 2010 and at the end no final evaluation and analysis of the achievements has been done. The region does currently not have a valid energy plan.