Quality Strategy “Residential neighborhood Sustainable Furunäset Piteå”
Region: Norrbotten, Sweden
Implemented on: Local level
Target group: Energy stakeholders, house builders
The strategy “Sustainable Furunäset” aims at leading to a truly sustainable district where in a continuous learning process step by step new buildings with high quality are added and experience from earlier building phases are transferred to the next, By contract, house builders are obliged to follow defined quality rules incl. even sub-contractors. After buildings are finished, results have to be reported and after 2 years an evaluation has to be done. The municipality has to approve all reports. All house builders have to participate in a municipal quality consultation. In the long run, the quality strategy for sustainable buildings in a model area shall be a model for a general policy on sustainable building in Piteå.
- Contribution to meet targets of the energy- and climate strategy and EU directive;
- Laying the ground for an attractive residential neighborhood in which the principals of social, economic and ecological sustainable are implemented;
- In the long run, the quality strategy for sustainable buildings in a model area shall be a basis for a general policy on sustainable building in Piteå.
Public money for developing of the strategy and for staff for quality consultation.
- 10 single family houses and 4 apartment wood buildings, connected to district heating based on renewable energies and have an energy demand of max 58 kWh/m2 (with exemption in specific cases max 75 kWh)
- Car-free district
- 30 gardens plot for inhabitants
- High building costs are a problem, specifically a problem for apartment buildings as entrepreneurs expect the rent to be such high that they will not find tenants.
- In the first dialogue meetings, the number of participating politicians and house builders were quite low.
- A Dialogue with funding institutions/banks leading to specific offers for house builders for single family houses with better loan conditions.
- Political commitment for Piteå’s energy and climate strategy is important.