Call for projects “Sustainable construction for buildings”
Region: South France, Parc naturel régional des Pyrénées Catalanes
Implemented on: Regional level
Target group: Municipalities
The network of the eco construction and the eco renovation of Pyrénées-Orientales developed a call for projects, “sustainable construction for existing or new buildings”. It intends to stimulate and guide municipalities and associations of local authorities in the realization of “demonstrative” projects of construction or renovation. Engineering and technical support for the design of the projects is given as well as a subsidy for expenses linked to sustainable construction as insulation and construction in Eco-materials. The beginning of the operation was in November 7th 2012, the end is February 22th 2013.
- Promote innovative technologies in construction, efficient energy and environmental materials and to favor good practices and exemplary projects
- Create synergies between different stakeholders of projects and to accompany the initiatives “shared”, based on the multi-sectorial integration.
- Three prize-winners will benefit for 30 000€ for each project and from 50 000 € maximum each. About 10 000€ are necessary to set aside for communication activities.
- This operation was estimate at 250 000 €. The County council will pay all those costs
- Promoting wood as construction material (PEFC or FSC);
- Use of products with very low emissions, low heavy metal content and dangerous substances for environment and health;
- Awareness raising on environmental impact of choice of materials and promotion of local eco-materials;
- Promotion of smart sustainable systems (renewable energy, smart metering systems, rainwater use);
- Integration of transport, e.g. limited parking space, charging stations for e-cars…
- The programme is ongoing, no evaluation yet.